8hours is seeking a Director of Partnerships. This person will be responsible for securing, negotiating and managing dealings with sponsors and other media companies. The ideal candidate loves movies and is passionate about the media landscape, and where it is headed. He or she should have ad sales experience, specifically in the entertainment arena.
8hours is a small but growing startup, and candidates should be comfortable wearing (but mainly “trying on!”) various hats and proficient at tracking tasks and information, and adept at helping teams manage time and resources efficiently.
About the Candidate
- Is naturally curious about what’s going on industry-wide and stays up to date on new players and happenings.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable fielding emails and calls.
- Is positive, prompt and proactive; taking notes is your happy place and you learn quickly how to derive actions for the team from information gathered.
- Is a people person, comfortable with colleagues and can build quick rapport with new acquaintances.
- Is enthusiastic about the growing video essay format, and deeply opinionated about film education and “edutainment” in general.
- 3+ years experience at an advertising or digital marketing agency.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to: [email protected]